March 02, 2015, HELI-EXPO 2015, Orlando, FL. – During their 60th Diamond Anniversary Banquet at HAI HELI-EXPO 2015, Orlando, FL., Whirly-Girls International announced the new Guidance Aviation Instrument Rating Scholarship. The Guidance Aviation Instrument Rating Scholarship, Helicopter, includes:
- 30 hours flight training in a Robinson R44 helicopter with fuel and Flight Instructor (CFI-I)
- 45 hours in the X-Copter helicopter aviation training device with Flight Instructor (CFI-I)
- 15 hours (one-on-one) ground instruction with CFI-I
- 40 hours a week free tutoring available
- Unlimited practice time in “X-Copter” ATD simulator
- FAA Designated Examiner fees (up to two check-rides)
- FAA written testing fees (up to two written tests)
- Online instructional videos for Instrument Helicopter aeronautical knowledge
- Online Computer-Based Training (CBT) for Instrument Helicopter aeronautical knowledge
- Online instructional videos for Instrument Helicopter flight maneuver
- Includes all collegiate tuition and fees
“We are completely thrilled at the generosity of Guidance Aviation’s sponsorship of a new instrument rating scholarship. The scholarship is consistent with CEO John Stonecipher’s commitment to the Whirly-Girl members and the professional development of female helicopter pilots worldwide. His generosity opens the door for more of our members to realize their potential and increases the visibility of our organization,” said Colleen Chen, Vice President of Scholarships for the Whirly Girls. “The addition of Guidance Aviation to our list of amazing scholarship sponsors is a welcome addition to our program. The instrument rating will both expand and enhance our program tremendously, thus allowing our organization to provide more scholarships than ever before.”
“We strongly support the Whirly-Girls organization and believe that one of the most important missions to pursue is getting more women into helicopter aviation. That is why, in addition to our Level 1 sponsorship of the Whirly-Girls over the next three years, we are pleased to provide the Guidance Aviation Instrument Rating Scholarship. I can’t think of a better way to get more ladies flying. We need them in the industry,” states John Stonecipher, CEO, Guidance Aviation.
How To Apply
Prospective female applicants are encouraged to check email “Colleen Chen” at the Whirly-Girls, [email protected] for more information.
Guidance Aviation is an FAA approved Part 141 helicopter flight training institution with flight operations in Prescott, Arizona and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Through their collegiate partner programs, graduates earn both their Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, Aviation Technology – Helicopters, and the necessary FAA certificates and ratings (CFI-I) to become working, professional helicopter pilots. Guidance Aviation is a military friendly organization. The majority of its employees and students are U.S. Military Veterans.