Step 4: Plan your Travel Abroad
Step 4: Plan Your Travel Abroad
- After you have secured a student visa and have made all the proper preparations, make the necessary travel arrangements.
- Inform Guidance Aviation staff of your arrival flight information, so that we can make arrangements to pick you up from the airport. Don’t worry about making commute arrangements; we will be there when you land to take you to your new home.
- When you are entering the United States immigration border, please have the following information on hand and present them to the Immigration Officer to ensure that you are entering the U.S. on the correct nonimmigrant status (M-1):
- Valid passport
- I-901 SEVIS fee receipt
- VISA (if applicable)
- Any other additional documentation that will prove your purpose for entering the United States.
- Before leaving the United States immigration border or Port of Entry, please check your passport and make sure that the Duty Officer has stamped your passport stating “M-1” status. Without this, you will not be eligible to begin flight training.
After all the prior steps have been properly completed, you will be assigned a flight instructor and can get started on your flight training to become a professional helicopter pilot!