With sixty new jobs created at Guidance Aviation in 2014, we are excited to announce that four new careers started for Guidance Aviation graduates in the first quarter of 2015! Congratulations to our graduates and former helicopter flight instructors who have landed jobs and moved on to the next phase in their helicopter aviation careers!
- Ben Lewis, CFI-I
- Ben will be flying for Maverick Helicopters and will remain on as a part-time stage check pilot at Guidance Aviation.
- Nick Buller, CFI-I, U.S. Military Veteran
- Nick will be flying for Papillon Helicopters and will remain on as a part-time stage check pilot at Guidance Aviation.
- Robert Ardy, CFI-I, U.S. Military Veteran
- Robert recently landed a career with Lasen and will remain on as a part-time stage check pilot at Guidance Aviation.
- Joel Skaggs, CFI-I, U.S. Military Veteran
- Joel is moving up at Guidance Aviation from Dispatch to Flight Instructor.
Congratulations graduates! You guys are all awesome!
About Maverick Helicopters
Industry entrepreneur Greg Rochna had a vision to create a company that would provide a true VIP-level experience not previously offered in the helicopter industry. In December of 1995, he did just that by launching Maverick Helicopters® in the tourism capital of the world, Las Vegas — a destination known for high rollers and over-the-top service. Greg and his wife, Brenda, launched Maverick Helicopters with a mission to provide the finest level of service as expected by the VIP guests of the resorts and hotels in the City of Entertainment. Their efforts have been realized with the support of many, including past guests, the hospitality industry and dedicated team members.
The Las Vegas operation started modestly with one aircraft and a committed team of flight personnel. Today, nearly 20 years later, Maverick Helicopters operates the largest and youngest fleet of ECO-Star helicopters in the world with over 40 helicopters. Maverick Helicopters has grown exponentially over the past 10 years to include four bases of operation: Las Vegas Strip (McCarran International Airport), Henderson Executive Airport, Grand Canyon South Rim and Grand Canyon West Rim. READ MORE.
Since 1965 Papillon Helicopters has been the world’s oldest and largest sightseeing company flying an estimated 600,000 passengers a year on its daily tours to the Grand Canyon. With over forty unique excursions – that feature spectacular sights of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Monument Valley, Page/Lake Powell, and unforgettable views of the Grand Canyon – we at Papillon are proud to offer our guests an unparalleled perspective of one of the world’s greatest natural wonders.
- Fleet: 48
- Employees: 600+
- Models: Bell 206L, 206B, Bell 407, A-Star 350B BA B2, MD900, EC130, deHavilland Twin Otter
- Utility and Contract Division supports: Grand Canyon National Park, U.S. Forest Service, Department of Defense, Bureau of Land Management, Arizona Game and Fish, Tucson Electric Power, Bar 10 Ranch
- Airport Locations: McCarran Intl(LAS), Grand Canyon National Park Airport (GCN), Boulder City Airport (61B), Grand Canyon West Airport(1G4), Page Muni (PGA)
- READ MORE.
Since its commercial debut in 2005, LASEN™ has flown Airborne LIDAR Pipeline Inspection System (ALPIS) in excess of over 140,000 miles on natural gas pipelines, compressor stations, refineries, storage facilities, etc. and has detected over 16,000 leaks, generating a savings to our customers in the tens of millions of dollars. Continued improvements and upgrades along with ongoing research and development to allow the system to detect a variety of hydrocarbons and VOCs simultaneously, operate faster, higher and with greater sensitivity, will ensure that LASEN™ remains the leader in aerial leak detection systems. READ MORE. [Video courtesy of Lasen].
About Guidance Aviation
Guidance Aviation is an FAA approved Part 141 helicopter flight training institution with flight operations in Prescott, Arizona and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Through our collegiate partner programs, graduates earn both their Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS), Aviation Technology – Helicopter Pilot Operations, and the necessary FAA Certificates and Ratings (CFI-I) to become working, professional helicopter pilots. Guidance Aviation is a military friendly institution. The majority of its employees and students are U.S. Military Veterans. Contact Guidance Aviation today and get your career started flying helicopters.